CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, February 6, 2009

I LOVE "Chemo Days"!

Okay, I know, you think I have really gone over the edge over this age thing. Seriously? Let me explain why I love "chemo day". Every other Friday Steph and I come to the cancer center so that she can get her dose of poison. So far I haven't missed in the 15 months she has been having treatment. This is something that I pray that most of you will never have to experience. I pray that my forever friend will be healed and we can stop coming here. Maybe only to visit. I pray that when we do get to stop coming here that she and I will be able to find this piece of time for just US! That is why I love "chemo day"! Me and her, sitting here with only each other to talk to. Absolutely no children are allowed so that means zero interruptions. Unless you count the nurses who are constantly checking her vitals and hooking up her poison. So please understand I haven't lost my mind, not yet........

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Cheryl! Simply said, you are an angel! I hope you have the happiest of birthdays and Hunter is absolutely right- you DO get more beautiful as time passes!! Happy Birthday and MUCH love, Summer.

Chrissy said...

Holy crap, I'm officially freaked out. Go read my post on Steph's blog and keep in mind that I had not read your post prior to posting about chemo day.

Kristin said...

You are an inspiration to all of us
with your forever friend. That's a
friendship that is truly priceless.
You are a beautiful woman inside and out. If 50 looks this good sign
me up. Loveing your whole family.