CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Post from Angelina Jolie.....

This week (so far) has been one of reflection for me. It's the last week before I turn FIFTY. I think it looks better if I spell it out versus using the numbers. On one hand I have been so tired this week, unmotivated, and feeling so rushed. Rushed because I know that I'm on the down slide! I feel like time is running out for me to get ALL of those projects done that I meant to do before the kids graduated high school! I'm also questioning for the first time how important those things really are. Who am I KIDDING? I'm questioning everything this week. WOW, really just because I'm going to be fifty.



This week (so far) has also been a great week! Monday I had lunch with Mr. Nanny, my favorite daughter-in-law, Ashley, and cute little Livi! We also went shopping after lunch. I just love those girls! Even though I have felt so TIRED, I had a wonderful lunch on Tuesday with 2 of the greatest gals I know Susan and Delphia, and of course, the most amazing one I do know, my daughter, Chrissy! Chrissy and I started off our morning, after dropping off the little ones, shopping at Office Max. You would not believe the addiction we share. This deserves it's own post! Probably pictures, too! OOhhh, get ready, it's sick! If the day wasn't already wonderful, I picked up the oldest grandson, Hunter after school so that he could spend the night. Before I tell you how he made my day (okay, maybe my week) let me just tell you when we get together it is nonstop talking! We enjoy sharing stories and he loves to show me all the neat things that my itouch can do, what we love to drink, eat, do and just in general LOVE! I love our time together! I picked him up and he asked me how I was doing. I replied with the usual, oh fine. I stopped and said, "No Hunter, I'm really not. I'm feeling so tired and quite frankly I think I might be somewhat of a whack job because I think it is all in my head because I'm turning FIFTY!" He ever so sincerely said, "Oh Nanny, you are just like Angelina Jolie, you just get prettier as you age." I threw the car in park, ran around, pulled him out of the vehicle, just to give him a great big hug and kiss! Not really, that wouldn't be safe at all! But, let me tell YOU I sure felt like it! Have I mentioned that I love that boy?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My dearest darling daughter!!!You are not letting a little thing like turning fifty get you down?????? You just ignore the number of year's but think how wonderful it is to be able to get so much accomplished in a day. Knowing so well where you are coming from my suggestion would be to put all thing's on hold till after your birthday. Then YOu will be 50 and you will not feel any different than when you were 49!!!! Also we never get old but just better!!!! Have a wonderful birthday my love!!