CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Are You Smarter Than A Two Year Old?

I just have to share about two very special little boys in my life! They are only 3 1/2 months apart and both of them couldn't be any cuter! But, first just let me tell you that it is so cold outside and there is snow/sleet on the ground. I'm sitting by my fire and listening to some great music on my ipod. This is not a typical day for me.....
Back to my cute boys......
They are both so smart and so different and so similar. Did that make sense? I know, it didn't.
Cohen: I wish you all could see every teacher's face when we walk into his preschool. I kid you not every teacher purrs! He is the sweetest little boy you have ever seen. You ask, how can a little boy be so sweet? You need to see him for yourself. But then again, if you know his Daddy...... He really is so much like him. So the other day when Chrissy and I picked the kids up from school and took them to the park I had Cohen in my car. Drew and Claire are inseparable! So Cohen is in my car and we are driving down the road and apparently he is looking out the window because he starts yelling "Play ball, play ball"! I look over and we had just passed the church where Claire and Drew play ball. I asked him who plays there and he says, "Claire". This was so amazing to me because he has only been there about 4 times and I can't believe he recognized the building from the road. The rest of the way to the park he pointed out all kinds of things to me like the helicopter and the train tracks. Talked, talked, talked the whole way! You also are in for a big treat if you hear him sing the Alphabet song! Yes, he sings it all the way thru! Too Cute!!! I know Chrissy doesn't want to jinx herself but he doesn't wear diapers any more and is doing amazing!
Levi: My adopted grandson. Levi and his brother, Drew belong to my best friend, Steph and her husband, Scot. I couldn't love these boys any more than I do, promise! Levi is an early talker. He has the cutest little voice you have ever heard! I love to ask him how old he is. He says ever so seriously with his cute little Angelina Jolie lips saying, " I don't know how to hold my fingers up". When Drew says, "I have Spiderman and he goes fast". Levi says, "My guy goes faster"! That amazes me that he knows how to use his words so well and he was just turning 2! He loves for anyone to read to him. He will bring you a book and want you to read it. He especially loves to look at the book that Chrissy made me of her family. He points everyone out and makes comments on several of the pictures. He knows how to count to 9 and knows all of his colors. Everyone calls me Nanny but he has decided to call me Nan.
To sum it up......there is nothing any better than being with these little people! When I'm with them all I want to do is KISS their little faces!
Hey Mom, Englebert Humperdinck is playing on my ipod! Yes, I did put him on there in honor of YOU! He has always been your favorite so it reminds me of you! Love it!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I were there to enjoy
those little people.They are a
gift from above for sure. I love the way you write my love!
Grammy

whitty-acres said...

awesome blog- you are a great writer!

thanks for your comment-

wendy of blue lily

Chrissy said...

Well, I have to agree with you about BOTH those boys. Of course, I am a little biased. I couldn't be more excited that you have had 2 days to relax in your cozy home. AND you get ANOTHER snow day tomorrow!! I will admit that we are missing Nanny right now!

Left-Handed Housewife said...

Two-year-olds rock! I never found the twos to be terrible at all. The threes, on the other hand ...

Enjoy those boys!

frances