CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A Day of Hope and Great Conversation

I've been planning on updating my blog because I know Mom is getting tired of checking it and wondering what I'm doing in my free time! Not really, we do talk on the phone. So today when I had this great conversation with Drew, I knew I needed to blog! I shared with her on Sunday about Claire and the "quarterhouse" steak that she ordered. You all know what I'm talking about because you come to my blog from Chrissy's! I picked Drew up at 1:30 today because he and Claire do the Computer Bus for an extra 30 minutes on Tuesdays. They love it! On our way home, I told Drew that today was a very exciting and important day. He asked why and I proceeded to tell him that today we have a new president. He said, yeah I know, Barack Obama. He then let me in on the secret that they learned about this event at school today. He then proceeded to let me know that there is another very important man to remember this week. I said, Oh really, who. He said very proudly and distinctly, Martin Luther King, Jr. I thought it would be a great time to test his knowledge of what he had learned. I asked him what MLK had done that made him important. He said ever so smartly, Well, once he had a dream! He was trying to tell everyone about it! It's so funny what Claire and Drew pick out of a whole conversation as being important.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How sweet,How sweet!!! I do believe that I have the best family in the world!!! Drew Grammy could just sit in awe at how smart you are!!! Claire,Grammy think's you are so beautiful and you have the most wonderful smile!!! Thank you so much daughter for the update on thing's.Love you all!