CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

What I Do.....


As I'm sitting here reflecting on my day, trying to get the energy to get up and finish cleaning the kitchen, I realize that I should be tired. My day started with me crawling out of bed and joining Mr. Nanny downstairs for a cup of coffee that he made! At 7:00, I woke up the oldest grandson, Hunter (who spends 1 night a week with us because he wants to!)so he could get ready for school. At 7:05, Drew is dropped off by his dad, Scot, who declares that he is running late and after kisses and I love yous runs out the door. I make Drew breakfast and run back upstairs to throw on some clothes. At 7:30, Drew, Hunter, & I head out the door to take Hunter to school. Yes, Drew goes with us even though he has the option of staying at home with Mr. Nanny! We stop at Starbucks for Hunter's Wednesday morning treat from Nanny, yes iced coffee and a muffin. We drop Hunter off at school and yes that 7th grade boy gives me kisses and I love yous! Drew sitting in the backseat says, "Nanny, Hunter sure is a good boy." Drew is our wise one...... Back home at 8:30 and more coffee for me! I spend some time checking email while Drew is watching his shows and doing flips on and off my bed. Jarad stops by and tells me that he has an opportunity for he and 1 other person to go see Sarah Palin on Friday on the MSU campus. He wants to ask his dad. I'm jealous. I'm intrigued and wouldn't mind to see her in person. It's now 10:30 and I must get in the tub because I have to be out the door by 11:30, with a 4 year old dressed and ready. Thank goodness I've had 4 cups of coffee by now! Leave the house at 11:40. Drew informed me he was having pee pee issues. More time in the potty room than I expected. Left the house and headed for the Highway Patrol office! No, this Nanny isn't in trouble with the law! Drew's PaPa Ed works for the patrol and they were having a fundraiser for Drew's family. Drew's mommy, Steph (my forever friend) has Stage IV colon cancer. We met Mr. Nanny (Kenneth), Chrissy, Claire, & Cohen there! It was very heartwarming to see and meet the people who helped raise money for Steph's foundation. People who work with Ed that may or may not personally know Steph are there giving time and money. So humbling.... Chrissy, the 3 kids, and I took off for a shopping trip to the mall. By now probably around 1:30. The kids have pictures tomorrow at their preschool and we wanted to get them something new to wear. Something a little fancier than what they usually wear to school. By 3:30, we had purchased outfits, visited Build A Bear, and had a snack at the food court. I had invited Chrissy and the kids to come home with me for dinner due to the fact that Brian (awesome son-in-law) left today for Phoenix to visit his dad and step-mom. I immediately started cooking dinner so that we could eat early. I made a new recipe tonight called Autumn Lasagna, salad, apple wedges, and bread/butter. I also made a new pumpkin pie recipe but everyone left before it had cooled. Kenneth, oops, Mr. Nanny has never cared for pumpkin pie but said this could change him into a pumpkin pie lover! I fed 5 adults and 4 little ones dinner tonight! It's times like these that I love and know that I'm so blessed by God. It's also times like right now when I'm sitting in our very quiet house that it is so clear to me that I do love the chaos and the quiet is equally as cherished! Oh yeah, Jarad asked his Dad to go to see Sarah Palin and he isn't available so I was asked next! I don't have a problem being second choice! I'm thrilled to be invited. Hmm....now what should I wear?? My Sarah Palin suit or at the very least my new Sarah Palin glasses?

No comments: